Working at Position
We're a software development company that serves leftist and independent media companies. We're dedicated to building quality software to help expand the breadth of discourse, culture, and thought available to English-speaking audiences. We also look for opportunities to grow our collective skill sets for unique and creative projects.
We're equally dedicated providing a healthy working environment. We believe that developers do their best work when they have plenty of time off, and we encourage everyone to work about 30-35 hours per week. We like what we do, but we recognize that it is work, not an act of love.
- Moving thoughtfully and maintaining things
- Diversity, inclusion, and social justice
- Learning, teaching, and collaborating with each other
You can learn more about our values on our Key Values profile.
Position Dev is working with a client to build a site that will be a landing page and portal for participants in a research study. We're looking to engage a designer who will carry out the design process from concept to handing off wireframes ready for development.
We're looking for someone who:
- Can carry out visual design from collaborating with our client to understand their vision to delivering wireframes to developers.
- Can design a site that is visually compelling and is easy to use - it should meet study requirements, effectively present a lot of information, be accessible, be responsive, and work well across browsers.
- Has availability from now until the end of October 2021 for weekly meetings, which take place between 9a-5p ET.
- Has excellent communication skills and prior experience collaborating with developers.
- Can provide references from previous clients.
Interested? Send us an email with a subject line that includes "Web designer" and a link to your portfolio at email@example.com.
Sign up for job alerts
If you're interested in being contacted when positions are available, feel free to leave us your e-mail! We won't contact you for any other reason.